As part of my little personal campaign to break the habit of procrastination, I would like to imagine a life without procrastination.
When the breakthrough in this endeavor arrives, what will success look like? What are the things I will enjoy?
- Constant peace of mind – from the absence of unfinished tasks whose deadlines are looming close
- Increased focus – when I can afford to devote more time to work on things that are begun early and well before the target completion date, which leads to…
- More creative ideas for the projects I work on
- More enjoyment of the tasks at hand – simply because every moment can be fully experienced instead of rushed through with one hundred other things on my mind
- A relaxed, unhurried pace of life – no more scurrying around trying to get things done in record time…which leads to…
- A better figure and healthier body – being on tops of things would mean I have enough time and energy to work out three times a week, instead of just once or twice
- Better relationship with my loved ones with more time to spend with them
- Better decision making – with more time to weigh the pros and cons to make sure I make the best possible choices
- Freedom from guilt – the nagging feeling that I may not be giving my best to whatever I am working on because time is running short; and finally, last but not least…
- Freedom from regret – knowing that I have been a good steward of my time here on Earth.