Heady pace, steady heart
Speedy steps, planted feet
Shoulders back, laser gaze
Snap decisions, crystal head
Adrenaline pumping, directional daze!
Ride the waves, rise to that place
Grab the fun, if the bull appears
Love allies, laugh at enemies
Whip out the map, and the thinking cap.
Once a champ, always a champ
Nothing to prove, everything to love
Embrace risks–catalyst for growth
Fear not failure–all factual, nothing personal
Make a difference, forget about achievements
True winners, meteoric rise
No burden of proof
To slow them down!
Stellar doesn’t have to speak
Nor say “Hey look at me”
Stellar can be meek
As only the strong can be.
Stellar seeks not an audience
She doesn’t have to
Stellar stays in her radius
Gracious in all her ways
Runs her race on her path even if desolate
She doesn’t crave but she emanates.
Stellar is a paradox
Quiet yet unequivocal
Unassuming yet august
Carefree yet assertive
She hears no chatter yet listens when you speak
She acts silly and remains courtly.
Stellar is sexy.
orange sky shines bright
meat sizzles in frying pan
another day ends
1. There is sun all year round!
2. I will never have trouble finding things to eat when I do not feel like cooking – there are shops, hawker stalls, cafés, restaurants. And food delivery 🙂
3. The wide use of English here helps me navigate the rest of the world with relative ease.
4. I am close to food, massage, cultural, and shopping haven – Thailand.
5. I get to grow up speaking three languages and a few Chinese dialects.
6. Women are generally heard and respected, with governmental and non-governmental bodies advocating and creating equal opportunities and flexible working environments.
7. I get to practice my faith.
If only, if only each and every of us knows how valuable and worthy we are, just because we have been created to be so, and that our worth is not determined by that one person’s opinion–that playground bully, the spouse who walked out, the parent who could never be pleased, that unrequited love, that mean boss, that insulting audition judge, that publisher who tears your manuscript apart.
This post is part of LindaGHill’s One-Liner Wednesday:
Of a single-track mind
The narrow path
That leads to life
Of being alone
With that dream
That only you
In saying ‘no’
To the popular, enticing, pleasurable
Just to say ‘yes’
To what you know is right–
The singleness of goal.
Of being in The Flow
Where at every moment
Everything you touch
When we mindfully and purposefully embrace the present, the future takes care of itself.