1. The model who goes for casting after casting, gets rejection after rejection, until a break comes when an ad director says ‘You have the kind of looks we want!’ and she gets to start making her mark.
2. The aspiring author who works on his or her manuscript, often late into the night because of their day job, and knock on publisher after publisher’s door until they find one who believes in their work.
3. The budding entrepreneur who makes cold calls, writes and distributes promotional material, tweaks his website and business model, networks, promotes, and continuously improves and refines what he has to offer until he breaks even and sees the tip of the profit iceberg.
4. The piano teacher who patiently gives his best to the one student he has, until his pool slowly grows.
5. The novice blogger who consistently writes and improves her blog posts until views and feedback grow from trickles to a steady stream.
6. The overweight health enthusiast who consistently eats and exercises right until the inches drop off.
7. The parent who never stops loving a wayward child.